• page updated on 01-August-2016
[+]Thank you everyone for your support, it's been an awesome journey developing this app offering support and even making friends through social media avenues. The support for ipCamControl comes to an end within the next 2 weeks. From that point, the app won't be available for purchase from the AppStore for anyone who hasn't got it yet, however if you do have it, it will continue to function until Apple makes some major iOS changes and breaks it and it will become unusable from that point. I would suggest "Net Cam Plus" or Blue Iris (requires a Windows software to run at user end) Thank you all !
[+] ipCamControl (ad-free app) V2
[+] ipCamControl (ad-free app) V1.9 Current
Download ipCamControl (no ads) HERE
[+] ipCamControl-Lite V4.0
• Camera Name Field: create a custom name for you camera, this name will be displayed on the button and on the screen
• IP or DDNS Field: please make sure you start the URL, DDNS or IP address with the protocol http:// or https:// in order to work
• Port Number Field: enter ip camera's port number. The app supports any port number except the following ports which are blocked by Safari on iPhone, iPod, iPad : 1, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 37, 42, 43, 53, 77, 79, 87, 95, 101, 102, 103, 104, 109, 110, 111, 113, 115, 117, 119, 123, 135, 139, 143, 179, 389, 465, 512, 513, 514, 515, 526, 530, 531, 532, 540, 556, 563, 587, 601, 636, 993, 995, 2049, 3659, 4045, 6000, 6665, 6666, 6667, 6668, 6669;
• Username Field: please enter the username to connect to the ip camera
• Password Field: please enter the password to connect to the ip camera (highly recommended to setup a password for the ip camera)
• Camera Model: please choose your ip camera model from the scroll list, if you're unsure about the brand, try "clone" or "H.264 Clone"
• after you finish entering all the details and go back to the main screen, hit "refresh" to apply all the changes
• all details entered on the setup screen will be saved in user's device only
• if you have any issues setting up your ip cameras, send me an email via the envelope icon button or make a post on the Facebook page or read more about the app on the ipCamControl Website
• I have created this app to control my ip Camera since there are many paid apps in store but not many offer a large range of settings and controls "at least not what I was intrested in"
• I hope you like it and find it useful
• if you like this app don't forget to rate it in the AppStore
• ipCamControl is the paid ad-free version of ipCamControl-Lite app which means there are no advertisements (except the one at the top of this page which is embeded in the actual website containing this support page)
• thank you for downloading ipCamControl-Lite and/or ipCamControl applications and also for all the feedback provided so far, without you, the application wouldn't be where it is today
• the ads in ipCamControl-Lite app have been placed to support the future updates but are removed in the paid ad-free version ( ipCamControl )
• IMPORTANT !!!
Some of you might not know this: Safari has a few PORTS BLOCKED by default (which are designed to be used for some other purposes) which means, if you choose any of these ports as your ip camera port, you won't be able to access your ip camera through Safari or through ipCamControl application.
When you setup your new ip cameras, please choose a port number that is NOT blocked by Safari.
Here is the COMPLETE LIST of ports blocked by Safari.
• Please DO NOT USE any of these ports for your camera or you will have problems accessing it using an iPhone, iPod, iPad: 1, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 37, 42, 43, 53, 77, 79, 87, 95, 101, 102, 103, 104, 109, 110, 111, 113, 115, 117, 119, 123, 135, 139, 143, 179, 389, 465, 512, 513, 514, 515, 526, 530, 531, 532, 540, 556, 563, 587, 601, 636, 993, 995, 2049, 3659, 4045, 6000, 6665, 6666, 6667, 6668, 6669;
• Sometimes in the morning or at night you might notice the image being stuck on a white or black screen, this issue proved to be caused by camera's auto brightness and can be fixed by changing the resolution from 320/240 to 640/480 and the stream will return to normal
• On a few occasions, a black screen has been reported and turned out to be caused by a wrong password entered or the protocol "http://" missing in front of the address
• I will add your findings here so we can all benefit from this open thread
• Thank you!